According to the Decree of the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov adopted at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers on October 20, 2022, the State Committee on Physical Culture and Sports of Turkmenistan was established.
The main purposes of the new institution are to implement the state policy in the field of physical culture and sports, to attract people to mass physical culture and sports, and to prepare skilful athletes of international level.
The structure of the central office of the State Committee on Physical Culture and Sports of Turkmenistan consists of the following departments:
1. Department of High-Level Sports and Olympic Movement Coordination
2. Department of Sports Schools and Sports Events
3. Department of Mass Physical Culture and Sports Events
4. Department of Economic Analysis and Planning
5. Department of International Relations
6. Department of Finance and Accounting
7. Department of Digital System and Information Security
8. Department of Work Management and Facilities Control
9. Department of Personnel and Special Affairs